- There are House Rules. Even if it’s simply that “pizza night” is strictly on Tuesdays, or we aren’t allowed to be nosy about Christmas gifts, there are house rules
- Betty White is OLDER THAN SLICED BREAD. I literally learned this at the dinner table tonight. Betty White was born before commercially sliced bread was a thing. Long live Betty!
- Tokyo Express is closed on Saturdays. Saddest day of my life driving there with Paula, and realizing my dreams of eating hibachi shrimp and fried rice would not come true.
- Eyebrow threading is L I F E. As Paula told me after I got mine done for the first time, “You’ll never go back.” (meaning, I’ll never go back to waxing or even doing my own eyebrows). And she’s right. I won’t.
- Moisturizing constantly is SUCH A NEED. You’d think I’d know this by now, but I’ve never had to wash my hands so much until I started working at a preschool, and had to wash my hands more than five times within an hour because I was blowing my nose so often (because of a cold). I kid you not, the top of my right hand is extremely dry. I’m so ashamed. Pass the Vaseline please. (And shout out to Paula, who got me a Mary Kay satin hands kit. PRAISE.)
- Weekly Walmart Trips. Why am I always at Walmart? Why do I need so much stuff? Maybe I can eat one less meal a day, and save money on food. But a lot of the items I need aren’t even food items sooooo…
- Getting in between a pet and what it’s eating is a negative. I almost got my hand bitten by Gwendolyn, the adorable Corgi I live with, because she was chowing down on my yogurt cup, and I tried to take it away from her. Thankfully, I moved my hand quick enough so she only bit the sleeve of my hoodie. Never again.
- The HALO video game series is just…Guys. I’m addicted. Yes, I’m low-key nerdy. Leave me aloooone.
- Everyone needs a cherry-pit-filled warmer thing. It’s one of those things you make yourself, and heat up in the microwave, and it keeps you warm for a certain amount of time. I get to make one this week. I’m stoked. (Maybe I’ll post a picture for you all so you know what I’m talking about.)
- LIGHT GREEK VANILLA-FLAVORED YOGURT + GRANOLA. This is a new love of mine. Also blueberry English muffins.