Taking a slight study break right now to start this post. By the time I finish it, though, I’ll hopefully be back in my room chillin’ out from a hard days work. So hand me your glass and I’ll pour you some Sweet Tea… 🙂
Currently, I’m in the library trying to read and write my butt off. The end of the semester is near with like 3.5 weeks left. And I am TOO EXCITED for the summer. To be honest, my mind is already fantasizing about summer. I have a job at my school lined up, some of my closest friends are staying, I’ll get to hang out with my girls in the neighborhood (Patsy, Anna, and Meg), summer is just THE BEST TIME EVER.
I’m struggling with trying to be present here and now and trying to use the time that I have diligently. I want to be grateful for this time in my life and not let it slip away from me, because I won’t get it back. But it’s so difficult, guys. This past week was probably one of the least productive weeks I’ve had. There didn’t seem to be anything important due, but still, I could’ve used some of that free time to get started on other papers and assignments due. What did I do instead? Nothing.
It was pretty relaxing though, I’m not going to lie. I felt like that was the first time I was able to have some “me” time to just take a breather before the hurricane of homework and finals hits. Of course, at the back of my mind, I was thinking about all the things that were coming up, but I was enjoying the free time that I had and it was pretty awesome.
Last night was Spring Formal, and despite my plans to have a GNO (Girls Night Out) with tha SHAWTIES, I actually got asked by my friend Jimmy last Sunday night. So, my plans switched from GNO to Spring Formal. I will admit, it was kind of stressful to figure out what I was gonna wear, how I was gonna do my hair, if I was gonna put on makeup or not (because, let’s be real, I’m a a naturale girl. I’m not really into all that makeup stuff).
But last night was so much fun. Jimmy and I are friends, but we aren’t too close, and last night was such a great opportunity to get to know him more. He’s a really great friend, and I felt totally comfortable hanging out with him. It was really nice.
Yeah, not a lot going on right now. Just the busyness of a semester coming to a close!
I’ve been listening to a mixture of things lately. I’m really excited because EXO is making a comeback on April 15 with their new single “Overdose”!!! (^^) I just watched the teaser today and cried. Cried. #fangirlprobz
But here are the top 5 tunes I’ve been listening to…
- “I Don’t Care if You’re Contagious” by Pierce the Veil – I am constantly discovering songs from Pierce the Veil that I never listen to, and once I listen to it once, I get hooked. This being one of them. I love Pierce the Veil in general, so this shouldn’t be a surprise that one of their songs has made it onto my Tunes section LOL
- “Who’s That Chick?” by David Guetta (feat. Rihanna) – This song is old (like 2010 or something), but I just discovered it during spring break when I was doing homework and this song popped onto my Songza. This song has an awesome beat to it, which is the main reason why I love it. All the stuff about “friends kissing on the floor” and whatnot…unnecessary, in my opinion. My favorite part of this song? “I just wanna daaaaaaaaance, I don’t really caaaaaaaaare.”
- “Tunnel Vision” by Justin Timberlake – I give Bria full credit for introducing this song to me. Why didn’t we discover this song sooner? It was a part of JT’s original album The 20/20 Experience that came out last year! How did it not make it on the radio? You know, sometimes JT’s songs have tons of sexual references and stuff, but this song is straight up LEGIT! Seriously, watch it go on the radio this summer or this fall. It’s the jam. Listen to it!!
- “Nightmare” by New Heights (feat. Brian Joo) – I’m pretty sure I found this song because it came up as an ad on my Spotify. And I liked the chorus a lot, so I clicked on it. And I’ve been listening to it a lot lately. The song’s about a typical subject: guy and girl, guy thinks the relationship he had with this girl was a nightmare (*hint, hint*), so he’s singing this song to let her know. I think I like it so much because the chorus is catchy. I’ve never heard of New Heights before, so they must be one of those rising bands or something. But, check it out if you’re interested!
- “Last One You Love” (Acoustic) by Breathe Electric – Oh man. This song though! I don’t even know what the original song sounds like, but this acoustic song is SO FREAKIN’ GOOD. It’s super sweet, something I’d consider dancing to at my wedding one day. I found this song when I clicked on “Related Artists” and saw Breathe Electric there. They sounded kinda cool so I checked them out. And found this song. Just listen to it, it’s so great!
So lately, I’ve been reading in Romans. In fact, I’m pretty sure this Monday I’m going to be finishing the last chapter. I’m so glad I decided to read this book. It’s been really refreshing and comforting to read about Christ’s sacrifice and living life in the Spirit. The Lord has definitely shown me so much through this book!
Pastor Ritchie said something in church last week that really struck me and stuck with me as I continued to read my Bible. He said that we shouldn’t expect for God to speak to us through the Bible about what’s going on in our lives all the time. It doesn’t mean He can’t, but it doesn’t mean He always will.
And so I kept that in mind, and realized that, even if what I read didn’t pertain to my life and where I am right now, I was still spending time with my heavenly Father, and that was totally worth it! 🙂
Not sure what book I’ll go onto next. If you have any suggestions, shoot me an email or tweet at me!
Hmmm…what to wear, what to wear…
Well, mountain weather, lemme tell you, is the most complicated weather on the face of this earth. In the morning, it’ll feel like January. By midday, you’re changing into shorts. By dinner time, you have to pull on the jeans and hoodie and braid your hair because it started to rain…as in thunderstorm. Weather up here is crazy!
Thankfully, though, the weather has been sunny and nice these past few days. So, I’d have to say my favorite piece of clothing right now are shorts, shorts, and more shorts! I love being able to go outside with shorts and a tank and NO HOODIE WHATSOEVER (don’t get me wrong, I love hoodies…but not when it should be spring time).
*Sigh* oh to be creative again…
Well, I guess I could count my creative writing piece for my final project in Intro to Creative Writing. It has to be a minimum of 10 pages, and I am nervous as heck to write it. That’s the life of a writer sometimes. Being so afraid to write what’s on your mind and in your heart and being afraid of people critiquing it that you just sit there, staring at the computer screen, headphones in, wondering how the heck you’re going to be able to get ten pages of wonderfully written, concrete detailed stuff out.
Pretty intense, if you ask me.
What I’m Watching
LOL, well, don’t you laugh at me when I tell you what I just started watching today with Bria…
You see, Taylor, Caylin, and Bria have been watchign Pretty Little Liars for a while. I’ll hop in on an episode or two, and sometimes it’s pretty interesting, but sometimes ABC Family shows are way too dramatic for me.
But Bria told me I should watch Bob’s Burgers…and I watched a few episodes with her…
And can I say…that show makes me go, “WHAT THE HECK?” every time, but Bria was right: it’s so stupid it’s hilarious.
So until the second season of Twisted comes on Netflix, looks like Bob’s Burger’s will be entertaining me as my study breaks for the next few weeks!
Here and now I am…writing this blog, procrastinating on some reading (*kicking myself*), just got back from Catacombs Folk Fest (listened to Levi the Poet. Shout out to him! That dude is too legit! What a blessing!), and after this, I’ll probably get in some comfy clothes and I should do laundry, but I’ll probably end up watching Bob’s Burgers or something LOL.
So there ya have it! The fifth round of Sweet Tea!
Y’all, we are so close to the end of the school year. The home stretch. Definitely gonna be depending on the Lord for motivation to finish this school year strong. I’ll be praying for all of us, whether we’re in college or in high school, middle school, whatever it is and wherever we are, that God will give us all grace and that we’d rely on Him to get through the next month or few weeks left of school.
He has us! He cares for us! And we are His!
~ Mishy (^^) ❤